It's sad but true, our primary service business is refurbishing and maintaining existing ponds and water features to make them function properly. Some of these ponds installed by other Bucks, & Montgomery County Pennsylvania (PA) area "professional" pond installers or landscapers leave little to be desired, and loads of problems and issues that drive people crazy and force them to look for help. But, usually only after sinking thousands of dollars into problems that compound themselves over time. If you live in the Bucks , & Montgomery County Pennsylvania and have any pond issues Contact us for service
Proper Pond Filtration
Pond, Waterfall, Waterfeature Lighting
8 Spring Maintenance Tips For Your Koi Pond, Goldfish Pond Or Water Garden In The Bucks Or Montgomery County PA & Surrounding Areas
Spring is almost here and it’s time to get a little maintenance done on your pond. These maintenance tasks can help prevent future problems from arising throughout the pond season. Some pond enthusiasts enjoy performing their own maintenance, but you can always hire a professional like Across the Pond Aquascapes to take care of it for you. We are a Master Certified Aquascape Contractor and we are trained to properly care of your ponds and water features through out Bucks and Montgomery County PA and surrounding areas. If you live in the Doylestown Bucks county or Surrounding areas contact us for service .
1. Clean out your pond, whether that means a full cleanout or just picking up a bit and rinsing things off. Enjoy our easy-to-follow spring cleanout instructions.
2. Check pond pumps to make sure that it’s clean and functioning correctly. Your pump is the heart of your water feature and needs to be in tip-top shape at all times.
3. Fix any leaks in your water feature. Constantly adding tap water to make up for a loss of pond water means the constant addition of nutrients which will eventually promote algae growth.
4. Remove algae, leaves and other debris left over from the season before. This is crucial because an excess of decaying debris will add to the nutrient levels and the algae in the pond.
5. Start adding beneficial bacteria treatments and continue to do so regularly throughout the season. It competes with the algae for available nutrients, starving the algae of its food source. Use Aquascape’s Automatic Dosing System to avoid the hassle of consistently adding and choosing the correct water treatments for your water feature.
6. Add plants to control algae. Since plants directly compete with algae for nutrients, they are the most important addition to the pond. Using a wide variety of plants will not only add to the natural look of the pond, but will reduce algae growth as well.
7. DO NOT overfeed your fish. Fish food that is not eaten will add more nutrients to the pond, helping feed the algae. See our 5 Tips for Feeding Fish article for more information.
8. Last but not least, have fun with your water feature! Spruce it up with new landscaping, add a fountain within your feature, add lighting or just change up some of the rock work! Get creative because after all, your water feature is your masterpiece to enjoy and show off to others.
Need more information on getting your water feature ready for the season? Check out this short video below:
Our basic pond cleaning and maintenance plan includes checking your pond’s hardware, cleaning the debris basket and filter pad, checking and fixing any shifted rocks in your aquascape, checking your pond’s liner edges, and adding any necessary water treatments. Our standard and deluxe plans also provide additional value-added services that include the clean-up of gravel around pond edges; the removal of algae from water streams; fertilizing, trimming, and propagating aquatic plants; and replenishing your fish food supply. Watch how Phil guides Kimmy thru this full pond clean out and repair of the skimmer box face plate. If you live in the Doylestown, Bucks County, PA and surrounding areas and your pond or water feature needs cleaning or repairs contact us today.
Spring 2019 Pond & Water Feature Cleaning/Power Washing Service Contractor Serving Doylestown Bucks County PA & Surrounding Areas
Part of our spring 2019 pond and water feature cleaning and power washing services is removing Decomposing leaves and other debris can collect on the bottom of the pond, releasing ammonia and nitrates into the water. When these levels get too high, it can be harmful to your fish, and in some cases can prove fatal. Dirty water also spoils the look of your pond. The water should be clear so that you can see right to the bottom. Your aquatic and surrounding plants need to be kept pruned to stay healthy too.
Typically a good thorough pond cleaning is done in Spring, and again just before Winter. If you live in the Doylestown Bucks county or Surrounding areas and your pond need serving contact us for service
Winter Pond Maintenance & Service Contractor, Serving Doylestown, Bucks County & Surrounding & Areas Of Eastern Pennsylvania.
Basic Winter Service Techniques
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.